After a great performance by the All Blacks on Saturday night, their campaign to bring home a third back-to-back Rugby World Cup is looking back on track. And with only 5 weeks to go until kick-off in Japan, the Monte PTA would like to invite you to the Cup Kick-Off to watch the All Blacks’ first game of the tournament against South Africa – LIVE!
With pre-match entertainment planned including some rugby trivia and raffles up for grabs; be sure to lock in the date and book a babysitter!
Saturday 21st September
St John Vianney Parish Hall
- Doors & Bar open 8pm
- Pre-match entertainment from 8.30pm
- Game starts 9.45pm
- This is an adults-only event. No under 18s please.
Tickets (teams and individuals) will be available to order later this week, so please keep an eye out for more communications from us so you don’t miss out!
The evening will be a lot of fun as we get behind our rugby heroes. It will be our main fundraiser for the year so we are relying on every Monte family to help make it a success.
How can you help?
- Get your friends, family, neighbours, work colleagues together and join in the fun by buying tickets to the event
- Please let us know if you have some rugby connections – current or old players, rugby club affiliations etc…
- Do you know a business who might be able to help us cover the costs of running the event? They will be named as event sponsors and promoted during ticket sales and on the night.
- We need help to collect raffle prizes. Are you able to donate an item we could put in our rugby raffle or for spot prizes? Perhaps you have contacts you can approach for goods, services, vouchers etc…? Some ideas include: rugby books, rugby merchandise and memorabilia, sports gear, hampers, artwork/posters, vouchers, food and beverages.
- And if rugby isn’t your thing, we’d love your help with the organisation and planning of the event. We need volunteers to sort and collect raffle items before the event and for set-up and packing-down, preparation and serving of food and bar service on the night… and of course promoting the event and selling tickets!
So please put your thinking caps on. Sponsorship letters to help you approach businesses will be available from the school office very soon. All raffle items and offers of help would be gratefully accepted with house points earned for every donation received!
We hope to have all raffle items, donations and sponsorships collected by the end of this month.
Please contact us on [email protected] or call Barbara (0275 443 921) or Claudia (021 161 7227)
Looking forward to hearing from you.