In 2013 Monte Cecila Catholic School celebrated 100 years of Mercy.
On 26th August 1913 the Sisters of Mercy purchased the property at 72 Hillsborough Road (known as the Pah Homestead) and moved in the orphans from Star of the Sea in Howick which had been damaged by fire. Thus the long Mercy tradition at Monte Cecilia Catholic School was established.
In 2015, the school was rebuilt at a new site next to St John Vianney Parish and the school community moved over in 2016. The old school was then demolished and became part of the Monte Cecilia Park as it is today.
A time capsule was buried on the old site and will be dug up after 25 years, in 2040.